11.13.2012

After the Flood (cabinet flood that is)

Along the same sort of line as the make-up clean out, I tackled some lotions this week.

This task was thrust upon me as a drain leaked in one of the bathrooms and flooded the cabinet. I had a box under there that I hadn't dealt with since the move (out of sight out of mind), and the soggy cardboard bottom forced the timeline!

Honestly I thought I had dealt with all the toiletries before the move, but my definitions of "valuable" seem to have changed over the last few months.... it's fine to admit that something that was once precious isn't precious in this new life/time/place.

Since I did not miss the box of creams and lotions, I was able to effectively remove all but one nice container of lovely high quality bath salts (that I actually had looked for earlier this month). All the others, no matter how luxurious or pretty smelling hit the bin with no regrets. It's funny that last Spring when I went through them that I felt the need to hang onto those... back when bathroom cupboard space was at a premium too.

After hubby fixed the leak (he is a very handy guy), I took the opportunity to containerize what was left under there, so if there is a leak again, it will be easy to clean up AND so that like items are together for easy finding!



(note the empty container under a container - I'm proud of that)

No comments: