10.18.2012

Coupon Temptation

Nothing like a 30% off coupon to get the shopping juices flowing.

Today the coupon expires, so I went to the shop. The coupon was for ANYTHING. I thoroughly went through everything. One thing tempted me (but they were out of stock and wouldn't sell the floor model). I started looking for "anything". But in the end -after 3 laps of the store- I gave up.

I overheard a couple talking to a sales clerk about a bed frame. The man was happy with the price and the sale ended today... he was ready to get it after he took his wife out for lunch. As they walked away I asked, "Are you getting it today?".

He said he was and asked if I wanted to get it. I explained that I had a great on-line coupon that I wasn't going to use and asked if they wanted it for their bed. He was so happy that he hugged me!

I felt good leaving the store with nothing to clutter my house and doing a nice thing. It wasn't a waste of a trip after all.

:)

Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Wise words that work for using coupons as well as so many other things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!!