6.24.2012

Put Your Mind to It

I felt inspired this weekend to re-find my decluttering mo-jo.

The results speak for themselves....

12 pairs of socks - removed from the sock drawer
3 wheelbarrow loads of trimmings and weeds - taken off the property

And for serious progress... I was driving along and saw a bunch of furniture with a FREE sign on the side of a rural road. I had to check it out. Ugly coffee table, particle board dresser, a country style side board (pine maybe) and 2 FREE solid oak chest of drawers. They had tremendous potential - a little water damage and someone had shortened the legs but the style was pleasing and the brass keyholes and dovetail joining made me weak. Yes I stopped and considered them carefully, but  -  I left by the side of the road... so that counts as preemptive-strike decluttering!

I put my mind to it and got results. Hoorah!

2 comments:

Jennye said...

Whoa. I don't know if I could have resisted the chest of drawers. My hat's off to you!

Unknown said...

Good for you! If it's not something you need... it doesn't matter how cheap (or free) it is. =)