5.03.2012

Goal #19 One Day at a Time

"What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours..." I love that song

Goal #19 is to take a step back from the stress.

 Calm, center and count my blessings.

Background: With the excitement of putting an offer on that other house and listing mine, I have been literally run off my feet (they are so sore right now) gathering boxes, filling boxes, moving boxes to storage (oh how I abore the need for storage). Up the stairs, down the stairs, down the driveway, into the truck, drive the truck, unload the truck .... repeat. And yet the house still looks turned upside down!!! I've been flustered all day and it isn't helping anything.

So I need this goal to declutter my emotions.

Process: Breathe in breathe out, take a decadently looooong shower and eat a bit of chocolate while sipping some red wine. Sit quietly with the kids and the hubby and just talk about sweet nothings (ignoring the boxes). Tomorrow will be another hectic day: the home stager - compliments of my realtor - will be showing up in the morning, and the afternoon is reserved for a client meeting.

---------------------------

Verdict: I feel soooo much better equipped to handle this now. Whether you are moving or just finding your to-do list is never getting caught up, I recommend everyone make a version of this goal very very soon. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope staging went smoothly. =) Since I'm planning another move soon, I keep that in mind as I declutter, asking myself if this item or that one is worth moving. Amazingly, more often than not, the answer is a resounding NO.